Friday, June 29, 2012

Why Hello

Ok, so only a few people know that Timmy and I are going to.......



Start up a 2 person band together!   We've been talking about it a lot and I know the sound we want.  He's teaching me bass..as well as guitar and I'm learning more on my uke.  I'm really excited about this.  I think we will be pretty good together and this isn't some big thing or anything...it's just to do it.  To see what we can do and how it will sound.  We are going for the garage/surf rock sound. A la Gold Motel/Best Coast...which in MY opinion ahhhmazing!  And he has these really nifty recording apps on his ipad that lets us record 8 different tracks to put together as well as a synth and strings to create a full on song!  I'm not the best at song writing but I've started writing one that I'm pretty happy with.  On another note..it feels refreshing to re-connect with friends.  Kinda makes you realize that you really do need that friend to talk to when you're stressed out and have things you wanna get of your chest.  

Deal Me In has a show tomorrow at Crosstown Arts!  It's a fairly new venue in midtown that is really pretty awesome.  I've been to so many venues in midtown, half of which I looooved and they closed down.  I really hope this one makes it.

Ok so my best friend evvvvverrrr surprised me with a trip to Hawaii!  Now those who know me, know that I have a terrible, terrrrrrrible fear of flying.  I don't like even looking at airplanes, or being inside airports.  But I do have to get over that fear eventually, and what better way than a 12 hour flight to Hawaii?!  We get to stay in a condo for free-courtesy of her aunt and uncle-  It even overlooks Maui she said. So I'm very grateful to her for this opportunity.  I would have never gotten the chance otherwise.  And I'm so glad she is my best friend.  We have been best friends for 12 years and She is seriously the only friend I have had that long.  I consider her and her family MY family.  

Oh and we have 4 bewwwwwteeefull baby kitties that are almost the age to re-home.  They are by far the most beautiful kittens My cat has ever had.  They each have their own personality and I don't want to see them go.  They are cuddly and so playful and just got to the stage of wanting to sleep in my bed curled up in my hair.  I love them so.  Timmy might be more attached than I am.  Their names are: James-the chill cat-, Gary Jr-the cuddle monster cat-, Banshee- the playful sneaky cat- and Kitty Pride-the only girl and quiet cat-. Ok enough of my cat lady persona haha.

Tour starts in a few weeks and I have multiple emotions on this.  On one hand I am beyond happy for the guys and they deserve this, to put their music out there and see the west coast. But I am also so sad that I won't be with Timmy for 18 days.  I'm used to seeing him everyday and sleeping next to him everynight, that this is going to be really difficult for me.  It may be really easy for others, but we love being around each other a lot.  He's made it clear to me.  Another thing is even though we really can't afford for him to go on tour, I am fully supporting him doing so.  We talked and realized that after this tour all of our money will go toward getting our own place and paying to live on our own and the next tour he'll be able to do can't be for a long time because we have to plan on our futures together and living alone.   

Now that I've said all of this.... Time to go back to work! Haha.  

No comments:

Post a Comment